Free rides Uber Kenya is happening during the launch of ridesharing in Mombasa! Mombasa is a city on the coast of Kenya. It is the nation’s second-largest city, after the capital Nairobi, with an estimated population of 1.2 million people in 2014. Administratively, Mombasa is the capital of Mombasa County, whose current governor is Hassan Ali Joho. A regional cultural and economic hub, Mombasa has an extra-large port and an international airport, and is an important regional tourism centre. Located on the east coast of Kenya, in Mombasa County and the former Coast Province, Mombasa’s situation on the Indian Ocean made it a historical trading centre, and it has been controlled by many countries because of its strategic location.
Uber has arrived in Kenya’s cultural and economic hub. Mombasa’s natural beauty has always made it a popular tourist destination attracting local and international visitors. This is one of the many reasons why Uber loves Mombasa – a city of innovation, beauty and entrepreneurial spirit. No one embodies Mombasa more so than DJ Lenium and Tima Keilah who are also our ‘Rider Zeros’ – DJ Lenium & Tima are always the quickest to spot a trend.
To celebrate this launch, free rides Uber Mombasa is happening for 6 straight days! Uber also allows riders to share the costs of their ride with a tap of a button — which means whether you’re heading from the Moi International Airport to Nyali Beach or to see the famous tusks (Pembe Mbili), you will get there for less! Some sample fares for your trips after the free rides Uber promo ends:
- Airport to Nyali beach: KES 1055-1300
- Bamburi Beach to Nyali Cinemax: KES 680-750
- Nyali Golf Club to City Mall: KES 330-500
Here is the specific information for your free rides Uber promo:
- Free rides from Wednesday, 23 March at 07:00 to Monday, 28 March 2016 at 00:00
- Free trips are limited to a maximum of 5 rides per rider
- Each trip is limited to a maximum of KES 1500
- Note that free rides are only valid for trips that start & end in the Mombasa coverage area (for example, Moi International Airport, Nyali, Inter-Nyali)
For more information about free Uber in Mombasa, read the Uber Kenya website.
Return to the main Uber promo website to see all recent Uber promotions.