Moving around your city should be quick and convenient for all. At Uber, the company strives to create transportation options that give equal opportunities and access to everyone. This is why Uber is excited to announce the launch of uberASSIST South Africa in Johannesburg and Cape Town! UberASSIST South Africa has been designed to provide additional assistance for senior riders and riders with access needs. Driver-partners are specifically trained to assist riders when getting in and out of vehicles and can accommodate folding wheelchairs, walkers and service animals. Here is how you can access these extra special services:
1. Open the Uber app
2. Enter your destination
3. Swipe left and select uberASSIST
4. Confirm pick-up location and request a ride
UberASSIST is available in Joburg and Cape Town. As this service is specifically aimed at those with access needs, Uber urges you to respect others by only using uberASSIST if applicable to you. Uber would like to ensure those who need to get an uberASSIST ride can always do so. A few pro tips to keep in mind when ordering this vehicle:
- After requesting your ride, feel free to contact your uberASSIST driver-partner ahead of time with any specific requests.
- Provide feedback. Uber’s feedback loop asks riders to rate every trip, and they use that information to ensure that riders always receive safe and reliable transport services.
- Please note that uberASSIST vehicles do not have wheelchair accessible ramps.
For more information about UberASSIST South Africa, read the Uber website.
Check out the main Uber Promotional Codes website for all updates to the newest Uber promotions.
Want a free first ride credit for Uber? Sign up for a new Uber account promo and get a free Uber ride automatically loaded into your account.