Aptiv, a global technology company that provides leading automated driving solutions, and ride-hailing leader Lyft, announced a partnership to demonstrate a first-of-its-kind fully automated point-to-point ride-hailing experience during the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2018 in Las Vegas. In 2017, Lyft announced plans to enable self-driving developers and car manufacturers to plug into its network of nearly one million rides per day. Aptiv’s automated driving platform will be integrated with Lyft’s smart dispatching technology for a seamless consumer experience to hail rides around the Las Vegas Strip area. Operating in complex driving environments with pick-up and drop-off locations will accelerate the availability of automated driving platforms for commercial applications.
How the Aptiv-Lyft CES 2018 Self-driving Experience Will Work:
- The CES rides will demonstrate Aptiv’s automated system and Lyft’s user platform to offer rides to more than 20 destinations throughout Las Vegas;
- Lyft passengers can request a self-driving ride from the Las Vegas Convention Center’s Gold Lot;
- Ahead of their ride, passengers will journey through an informative exhibit designed to showcase the positive impact automated cars will have on individual lives and communities;
- Once passengers get into their self-driving vehicle, there will be a safety driver in the front seat and an in-car host, who together will provide a safe, and educational, experience.
- The self-driving opportunity will be available to Lyft passengers in Las Vegas from Jan. 9 to 12, 2018.
For more information about Lyft self-driving cars, read the Aptiv website.
Don’t have a Lyft rider account? Sign up for a new Lyft account promo and receive free Lyft new rider credit 100% free of charge.