The rains that Cape Town so desperately needed finally arrived on Wednesday, causing flash flooding and large-scale damage to housing and additional structures. Alongside this, extreme fires have been ravaging through the towns of Knysna and Plettenberg Bay, resulting in mass evacuations and damages to property. Uber remembers how generous the people of Cape Town were during UberCOMMUNITY earlier this year, so they decided to make donating much needed items quick and convenient once again! On Friday, 9 June, 2017 with the touch of a button, a driver-partner will come to your doorstep, pick up your donations and deliver them directly to Stor-Age depots across the city, and then to those in need across Cape Town, Plettenberg Bay and Knysna – all for free with UberCOMMUNITY. Here is what those affected need:
- General toiletries and household items
- Baby products (formula, nappies, baby food)
- Adult and children’s clothing
- Sanitary pads
- Animal blankets and food
- Energade, energy bars and water for the firefighters
- Tinned non-perishable food items
Pay attention to learn how UberCOMMUNITY works:
- Open your Uber app on Friday, 9 June, between 9am – 12pm
- Click on the orange UberCOMMUNITY banner on your screen
- Request a Uber vehicle as usual (no need to enter a destination)
- When a driver arrives – meet him at your pickup point with the donations.
For more information about UberCOMMUNITY, read the Uber South Africa website.
The main Uber Promotional Codes website will provide you with new updates to all ongoing Uber promotions.
If you do not have an Uber South Africa rider account, sign up for a new Uber account promo to get your first Uber ride 100% free of charge.