Are you a budding fashion designer, just waiting for your big break? Do not worry. Uber Sri Lanka has partnered with Chokolaate’s Mother-Daughter Fashion Designer 2017, to bring you UberSTYLE Colombo. On Wednesday, May 24th, 2017, 10:30am – 12:30pm, you can request for an UberSTYLE Colombo ride with a top fashion designer waiting for you in the car. You will be given 6 minutes to pitch your Mother-Daughter portfolio, and an additional 4 minutes of invaluable feedback by the judges. Here is how this special promo will work:
- Put together your most creative take on a ‘Ready-To-Wear’ collection featuring five  sketches. This could be either for casual or occasion wear. You must include an inspirational mood board and colour board along with a very brief business plan.
- On Wednesday, May 24th, between 10:30am and 12:30pm, request UberSTYLE for the chance to pitch your ideas to a top fashion designer.
- If you don’t get an UberSTYLE ride on your first attempt, Keep trying because demand will be high.
- All UberSTYLE rides are FREE and will start and end at your pickup location.
- UberSTYLE rides will be available only in Colombo 1:00PM to 8:00PM
The top five finalists will be invited to the Finals of Chokolaate’s Mother-Daughter Fashion Designer 2017. The winner will be announced at the event. One-month internships at Charini and Ramona Oshini fashion labels are up for grabs for the top two UberSTYLE winners.
Who are the UberSTYLE Colombo judges? They will be:
Ramona Oshini Jayawardena is the designer of one of Sri Lanka’s top fashion brands – Ramona Oshini. She graduated from the London College of Fashion and the University College of Creative Arts, Kent. Her brand was launched at Colombo Fashion Week 2010 and showcased at CFW for 8 consecutive seasons. Ramona works very closely with local artisans using techniques such as batik, crochet, hand lace and embroidery; uplifting and improving local craft and modernizing the way they are used in her creations.
Founder of the brand CHARINI, she has continuously participated at the London Fashion Week and other international fashion shows and retails in Europe and Sri Lanka. She is also the co-founder of Zudhora, a luxury retail store in Colombo. Charini has been working with MAS intimates for 13 years and holds a Masters degree from the London College of Fashion.
For more information about UberSTYLE Colombo, read the Uber Sri Lanka website.
The main Uber Promotional Codes website will provide you with new updates to all ongoing Uber promotions.
If you do not have an Uber Sri Lanka rider account, sign up for a new Uber account promo to get your first Uber ride 100% free of charge.