Did you know the average person throws out over 70 pounds of clothing each year? In honor of Earth Month, Uber Washington is teaming up with Seattle Goodwill to help keep useful goods out of landfills. On Saturday, April 8, 2017, from 10am to 4pm, select the DONATE option at the bottom of the app, type in your location, hit request, and Uber Goodwill will pick up your clothing donations for free. Your contribution will help fund Goodwill’s free job training and education programs. Here is how Uber Goodwill works:
- Bag your jackets, shirts, pants, and other unwanted clothing you’d like to donate.
- Open the Uber app between 10am and 4pm on Saturday, April 8, 2017.
- Tap the donate option at the bottom of the app.
- Type in your location and hit request.
- If you’re matched, an Uber driver-partner will arrive to collect your donations and drop them off at a nearby donation center.
- Those who donate will receive a follow-up email with tax receipt info.
Details for you to keep in mind about this Uber Goodwill special event:
- This free service will be available in the greater Seattle area.
- Uber can only accept clothing donations if they’re bagged.
- Uber’s driver-partners can’t leave their cars unattended—please meet them curbside with your donations upon arrival.
- While you probably have other great items to donate, Uber is only accepting clothing for this drive.
- Demand will be high, so please be patient.
Help make a positive impact in the Seattle community. Consider cleaning out your closet and supporting a great cause.
For more information about Uber Goodwill, read the Uber Seattle website.
The main Uber promo codes blog will have all of your latest special codes.
Sign up for a new Uber account promo and get your first Uber ride 100% free of charge.
Do you want to see how much of a sign up bonus you can receive just by signing up to drive for Uber in Washington? Click here to see the best cash bonus.