It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood to donate your gently used (and clean) sweaters. In celebration of the 20th year of the KTCS 9 Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood Sweater Drive, you can donate your sweaters through the Uber app on Saturday, February 11 from 10am to 4pm. Uber donations accepted will directly benefit Northwest Center, Wellspring Family Services, and Queen Anne Helpline, nonprofits serving Seattle and King County. Here is how you can share warmth this winter season:
- Bag your new or gently worn sweaters, coats, and cold-weather gear
- Open the Uber app between 10am and 4pm on Saturday, February 11, 2017
- Tap the donate option at the bottom of the app
- Type in your location and hit request
- If you’re matched, an Uber driver-partner will arrive to collect your donations and drop them off at a nearby donation center
- Uber donations accepted are free, and those who donate will receive a follow-up email with tax receipt info
Specific details for those with a generous spirit:
- Available in greater Seattle area
- Uber can only accept clothing donations if they’re bagged
- The driver-partners can’t leave their cars unattended. Please meet them curbside with your donations upon arrival
- While you probably have other great items to donate, Uber is only accepting sweaters, coats and cold-weather gear for this drive
- Demand will be high, so please be patient
For more information about donating your sweaters and cold weather gear, read the Uber Seattle website.
Take the time to visit the main Uber Promotional Codes website for all updates to all ongoing Uber promotions.
Want a free first ride credit for Uber? Sign up for a new Uber account promo and get a free Uber ride automatically loaded into your account.