EDIT: The uberPOOL pass program has been renewed for August 2016. Click here for further information.
Your trips in July 2016 are only a penny a ride when you purchase an uberPOOL Pass, a new pilot program. You can take uberPOOL trips any time or day of the week, anywhere within the designated zone that stretches all across greater Boston from Dorchester to Somerville to Brookline. This uberPOOL Pass has got you covered with two options, whether you’re a power user or a part-time rider, you can choose from a 20 ride POOL pass for $40 or a 40 ride POOL pass for $75. Whichever option you purchase, your trips will always be just one cent ($.01), even in times of high demand. This means you’ll only pay about $2 per trip when factoring in the price of the pass. Passes will be available for purchase in the Uber app Monday 6/20 – Wednesday 6/29, 2016.
Here is how you can purchase your uberPOOL pass for July 2016:
- Open the app anytime from 6/20 – 6/29 and request the POOL Pass option (the same way you would request uberX or uberPOOL).
- Take your pick from either the 20 or 40 ride POOL Pass.
- You’ll be automatically charged either $40 for the 20 ride pass or $75 for the 40 ride pass using the card on file.
- Uber will send you an email confirming your purchase, and you can start using it July 1.
Purchasing the uberPOOL Pass does not guarantee the availability of any trip. Rides are a flat $.01 fare on uberPOOL, unaffected by surge. To qualify, trips must meet the following requirements:
- Occur between July 1-31, 2016
- Trips must begin and end within the designated zone (see map)
- Applicable on up to 20 or 40 trips, depending on the pass purchased
For more information about the uberPOOL Pass system, read the Uber Boston website.
Check out the main Uber Promotional Codes website for all updates to all ongoing Uber promotions.
Get a free first ride Uber credit when you sign up for a new Uber account promo.