This Uber cash payment system is going to make life so much better for passengers. Doha, you asked and Uber Qatar has listened. Choice is a beautiful thing and soon many of you will be able to pay for Uber rides using cash. That’s right – all the convenience of Uber, with even more payment options to cover your rides. Simply choose the ‘cash’ option in the payments menu, take a ride and pay your driver directly in cash at the end of the trip. This is an experiment and one of the few places in the world where cash payment is available across the 400+ cities where Uber is present. Uber has worked hard to create a seamless option that is truly Uber, and your feedback is crucial to making it a success. Note that this cash option is only available to a limited number of riders during this pilot of the Uber cash payment system. If you do not see the cash option, don’t worry. Uber will roll out this feature gradually as they continue testing it. Here is how the Uber cash payment system works:
- Open the Uber app and set your pick-up location
- Select ‘CASH’ as your payment
- Request your ride
- Before you get out, pay the amount shown directly to the driver
Some information for you to keep in mind if you are considering this option:
- Not everyone will see the cash option right away as we are testing and rolling it out slowly
- Cash option is only available for trips in Qatar
- A valid Uber account is needed to be able to book a ride and pay in cash
- No credit card details are required when signing up for Uber and paying in cash (for selected riders only)
- Fare adjustments are not possible for cash rides
- There is no requesting fee or additional charge to riders
For more information about the Uber cash payment process, read the Uber Doha website.
Take the time to visit the main Uber Promotional Codes website for all updates to all ongoing Uber promotions.