The environment is really important, and this Uber Earth Day promotion is really going to help out! Just a few years ago, the idea of requesting a ride at the tap of a button seemed impossible, yet today Uber is available in more than 400 cities around the world. From entertainment to healthcare to mobility, rapid innovation in technology is improving our daily lives. Keeping up with the latest developments means a lot of residents in Lagos, Nigeria often gain a growing collection of retired phones, plastics, papers and old gadgets that we don’t know what to do with. In 2014 alone, 41.8 million tonnes of e-waste containing toxins harmful to our health and environment were thrown away. This Earth Day, April 21st, Uber is offering an exciting Uber Earth Day promotion. Uber Nigeria is teaming up with Wecyclers to help you safely get rid of and recycle those unwanted waste that you no longer use – and keep them out of landfills. This is how this free Uber Earth Day promo will work:
- Open or download the Uber app from the App or Play store.
- Slide to the ‘UberRECYCLE’ option from 8am till 1pm on Thursday, April 21st.
- If an ‘UberRECYCLE’ is available, a partner-driver will head your way to pick up your items
- All pickups are FREE of charge
Please keep these details in mind if you are considering participating:
- Find Wecycler’s list of accepted items: Paper, Plastics, Metals and Glass.
- These items will NOT be accepted: Electronics, Light bulbs, dirty tissue paper or paper products, diapers, yard waste, clothes hangers, batteries or milk/juice cartons
- Recycling your technology is totally FREE
- To take advantage of this initiative, be sure to select ‘UberRECYCLE’ which should appear as a separate option on your app when it is available. Be careful not to accidentally select the regular ‘uberX’ or ‘uberBLACK’ option
For more information about this Uber Earth Day 2016 initiative, read the Uber Nigeria website.
Return to the main Uber promo website to see all recent Uber promotions.