You’re getting uberPOOL East Bay residents in California! Finally the convenience is here! More than half a million commuters make the trek from the East Bay to San Francisco every day and the number of trips is expected to grow by 70% in the next 20 years. Unsurprisingly, traffic jams happen daily and commuting times are increasingly longer in the Bay Area. Those trying to avoid traffic and get around the Bay on public transportation also find that most BART station parking lots are full by 8 AM. This kind of congestion is bad for productivity and the resulting pollution undermines everyone’s quality of life. That is why Uber California is excited to launch their uberPOOL East Bay service in Oakland, Berkeley, and Alameda on Wednesday, March 2, just in time for the morning commute. uberPOOL East Bay enables people going to the same place at the same time to share the journey. It’s all about getting more butts into fewer cars. This means cheaper rides for passengers and less congestion over time. Taking advantage of uberPOOL East Bay services is straightforward:
- Choose the uberPOOL option in the app slider. Enter your destination and request a ride.
- You’ll see your driver’s details straight away–name, photo and the details of the car. In addition, you will also see the exact cost of the ride up front in the app.
- uberPOOL will then match you with another passenger heading in the same direction:
- That passenger will either be in the car at the start of your trip, in which case you’ll see their name in advance; or
- Your driver will pick them up along the way, in which case Uber will notify you via the app.
- Whether you’re first or second into the car, Uber ensures that you’re never taken more than a few minutes out of your way.
- At the end of your trip, you’ll pay just like a normal Uber trip and receive an electronic receipt.
uberPOOLEast Bay is more affordable because the cost of the trip is shared. The fare per trip is set at up to 50% cheaper than uberX during commuting hours (7-10 am and 5-8 pm) and up to 25% cheaper every other time–whether Uber pairs you up with another passenger or not. uberPOOL is a convenient way for people going in the same direction at the same time to share the journey. This helps cut congestion and pollution. And because uberPOOL is cheap and easy to use, over time it offers a credible alternative to car ownership. If you can press a button and get an affordable ride across town within minutes at any time of day or night, why bother to own a car at all? uberPOOL means less idle time between paying trips for drivers. It also means more demand overall because as the cost of a trip falls more people use the service– which means more rides for drivers.
But the best part of all of this is that Uber is offering you free rides! This weekend, Uber and Capital One are teaming up to help customers save while they get out and have fun. From Friday March 4 through Sunday March 6, 2016 Capital One customers who take uberPOOL will get up to four rides free–just input the promo code CAPITALONEPOOL and start riding.
For more information about uberPOOL East Bay, read the Uber California website.
Return to the main Uber promo website to see all recent Uber promotions.
Get a free first ride Uber credit by signing up for a new Uber account promo here.