It’s estimated that the average Filipino commuter spends 1,000 hours per year stuck in traffic in Metro Manila. That’s a lot of wasted time. What’s more, the problem will only get worse as the economy grows and cities become more congested. Investment in mass transit is an important part of the solution, however, it can take years before the benefits are realised. At Uber, the company aims to help use today existing infrastructure more efficiently at no extra cost by getting more people into fewer cars. uberX is a first step, making it quick and easy for people to get where they need to go at the push of a button. It’s a model that’s working and has received overwhelming support in the Philippines, from locals and visitors alike. Today, Manila becomes the 3rd city worldwide after Toronto (Canada) and Seattle (USA) where uberHOP will be available. uberHOP Manila is a new ride-sharing option that enables commuters heading in the same direction to share a ride during rush hour for a flat fare. By targeting areas with the highest density at the busiest times of the day, uberHOP Manila is able to get more people into fewer cars and provide a safe, reliable, and affordable option for people on their daily commute. Want to learn about using uberHOP Manila?
- REQUEST: Open the Uber app and select the uberHOP option (make sure that you have the most recent app version from the App Store/ Google Play Store). Choose from the available pick-up/ drop-off locations and hit “Request.”
- WALK: uberHOP Manila will pair you up with a driver as well as up to five (5) other riders traveling in the same direction. Using the directions provided in the app, walk to the suggested pick-up spot to catch your ride. The app will also let you know how much time you have left to get to the pick-up spot — be sure to be on time as your uberHOP driver will leave promptly!
- RIDE: Sit back, save, and enjoy the ride. There are no stops on uberHOP rides so you’re guaranteed to get to the drop-off location in the quickest time possible. Once the trip ends, simply walk the last few blocks to your destination.
Each uberHOP request can only accommodate one person. Additional riders will need to request their own uberHOP. If you are bringing along a companion, have him / her request uberHOP too!
Here are some extra details about your uberHOP Manila trip:
- WHEN: Weekdays (excluding non-working holidays) between 7-10AM and 4-9PM
- WHERE: uberHOP is currently available in Makati & BGC.
- PRICING: PHP75 per head
By empowering commuters with smarter mobility choices and operating within areas that are chronically underserved, uberHOP is able to save people valuable time and money. As a rider, uberHOP gives you the same high-quality Uber experience you know and love, while saving up to 70% off of what you would typically pay for an uberX ride. Moreover, like every Uber ride, uberHOP too, is covered by standard safety features like GPS tracking, 2-way feedback and the ability to share trip details with family and friends to let them know you’re on your way. Uber decided to launch uberHOP here because Manila suffers from some of the worst congestion in the world. There is an appetite for smarter transportation options that provide more reliable, affordable and efficient ways to get to and from work, particularly around commuting routes underserved by public transit. Congestion is more than just an annoyance; it’s a drain on our cities, our economies and our planet. Innovative solutions like uberHOP that put more passengers in fewer cars – safely, reliably and affordably – help move us towards a brighter, cleaner and less gridlocked future.
For more information about uberHOP Manila, read the Uber Philippines website.
Return to the main website for all Uber promos for new and existing users.