This is time for Uber Red Cross in Australia to really help others out. The festive season can often leave us with clothing and other items we don’t really need. This year, instead of ditching your unwanted clothing and presents, let one of Uber’s driver-partners take them to your local Red Cross Shop right from your door! This Sunday, 31 January, 2016, Uber Red Cross in Australia is proud to be working with Australian Red Cross to make donating to your local Red Cross Shop quick and convenient. In nine cities across the country, Uber Red Cross driver-partners will be collecting unwanted gifts, or pre-loved clothing and accessories, on demand, at the touch of a button in the service areas listed below. New and existing Uber users can request an Uber driver-partner to collect their donated clothes between 11am – 4pm.
- Bag the clothing and gifts you’re willing to donate
- Open your Uber app between 11am and 4pm on Sunday 31 January
- Slide across to the ‘CLOTHING DRIVE‘ option in the app, and ‘Request’
- An Uber Red Cross will arrive to collect your items and drop-off your donation at a local Red Cross Shop – free of charge.
By re-gifting your unwanted clothes and presents you’ll be helping support the invaluable work that Red Cross does to help vulnerable people in the community. Red Cross provides a broad range of humanitarian assistance at home and around our region as part of the world’s largest and most trusted humanitarian movement. Every year Red Cross helps hundreds of thousands of people around Australia and in our region. From supporting disaster-wrought communities, elderly Australians living alone, teenagers facing homelessness, or refugees seeking safety from persecution, Red Cross is there. This important work could not happen without sales from Red Cross Shops around the country, and the generosity of thousands of Australians who donate their quality pre-loved clothing and accessories.
Service areas for Uber Red Cross in Australia are:
- Sydney: CBD, Lower North Shore, Eastern Suburbs, Inner West
- Canberra: North and South Canberra
- Melbourne: CBD, North to Brunswick and Northcote, East to Kew and Hawthorn, South-East to Elsternwick and Malvern East, Dandenong
- Geelong: North Geelong to Corio and Norlane, South Geelong to Grovedale and Marshall, Central Geelong
- Adelaide: CBD and Surrounding Suburbs
- Perth: CBD, North to Joondalup, South to Cockburn
- Brisbane: CBD, South to Moorooka, North to Chermside, East to Murrarie, West to Indooroopilly
- Gold Coast: Southport to Coolangatta
- Sunshine Coast: Caloundra to Noosa Heads
For more information about Uber Red Cross in Australia, read the Uber Red Cross website.
Head over to the main Uber promotional website for all updated Uber promotions.