On the heels of a successful Uber Helicopter service provided in India, UberCHOPPER is back for your fun in Colombo, Sri Lanka! Get excited Colombo, Uber has partnered with Simplifly and are bringing you Choppers On-Demand, this Sunday, January 3! With UberCHOPPER, you can request helicopter rides for you and your friends right from the Uber app! By requesting the Uber helicopter, a private driver will transport you and a friend to the helipad, where you’ll take off directly for an aerial tour of Colombo. So how does ordering an Uber helicopter work?
- Fire-up the Uber app and slide to the ‘UberCHOPPER’ option.
- Set your pick-up location and press the request button.
- Uber will give you a call for final confirmation.
- An Uber will pick you and a friend up and transport you to the helipad.
- Uber will whisk you away for a once in a lifetime aerial tour of the city.
The details of how you can order an UberCHOPPER are fairly easy to accomplish:
- Each request will be strictly limited to two persons (you plus a friend).
- When you request, make sure you and your friend are at the same pick-up location and ready to go.
- Your car will only pick you up at one location and will wait a maximum of 5 minutes.
- UberCHOPPER will fly a fixed 15-minute route
- The total fare for two persons is Rs. 5,000 (includes a trip to the helipad, a chopper ride and refreshments at Water’s Edge)
- Security measures require that you must produce a National Identity Card or a valid Passport before your chopper ride
- Each Chopper ride can seat four persons, so you might share it with other riders
For more information about getting an Uber helicopter, read the Uber Sri Lanka website.
Go to the main Uber promo website for all updated Uber codes.