Uber POOL etiquette is important! Especially after the launch of UberPOOL in DC, it is time for riders to know how to share a ride in a kind and friendly manner! With uberPOOL, DC has a new affordable, eco-friendly, safe, and reliable ride. And while it’s difficult to argue with an affordable transportation option that’s simple to use, Uber gets that some (not saying you!) may be hesitant at first to give it a shot—not because they don’t like the idea, but because it’s different. And it’s true, uberPOOL is different. Uber understands that riding solo in the back seat and joining fellow Washingtonians in the same car are not the same thing. With that in mind, Uber thought they would put together a proper uber POOL Etiquette Guide to help ensure you and your uberPOOL co-rider(s) have the best experience possible. Here are some of the best tips for your Uber POOL etiquette:
1. Please be prompt! You don’t want to make your co-rider wait, do you? (Correct answer: No.)
2. Best to keep all cell phone conversations to a minimum. That means no impassioned arguments with your significant other about dinner reservations, or drawn out conversations with your loud (but lovable) best friend.
3. Consider chatting about the weather or your favorite sandwich, but perhaps avoid any heated political debate. (Note: Heated debates—of any kind— are typically not recommended while in confined spaces.)
4. Rides to the gym—uberPOOL. Rides home after you’ve been working out and sweating for an hour—you may want your own car. Generally, it’s best to gut-check whether it’s an appropriate time to POOL.
5. By all means—enjoy a snack! But let’s be sure it has a cover or a wrapper, and is mess and aroma-free.
6. You never know who you’ll be riding with, so best practices may include popping a mint.
7. Please respect the personal space of others.
8. Please refrain from rolling down the windows on a cold night to “enjoy the breeze.” The same courtesy applies to those AC deniers.
9. Your mother told you that patience is a virtue. And in this case, it also saves you money. Your uberPOOL trip may take a few minutes longer, but you’re guaranteed a cheaper fare. Keep calm and POOL on!
10. For many Washingtonians, time spent sitting in the back seat of an Uber is a sacred, rare moment for silence and decompression. So please don’t bug your co-rider to play 21 Questions (unless he or she has fully consented).
The truth is, we all want to spend less on transportation, we all want what’s best for the environment, and we all want a relaxing, comfortable Uber ride. So why not join the uberPOOL party and jump on in?
Return to the main Uber promo code page to see all recent promo code updates.
Get a free first ride Uber credit by signing up for a new Uber account promo here.