Want to have Adrian Grenier Uber passenger extraordinaire today? It’s possible!
In today’s world, technology changes in the blink of an eye. With rapid and constant innovation, it’s no wonder that many of us end up with obsolete devices and gadgets, left to collect dust in the corners of our homes. On Saturday, November 14, 2015 in honor of America Recycles Day (November 15) Uber New York City is teaming up with Dell Reconnect, a partnership between Dell and Goodwill®, to help you get rid of and recycle those CD players, cell phones, and computers you no longer use—and keep them out of landfills. By simply tapping the RECONNECT option in your Uber app, you’ll be able to recycle your technology responsibly and donate to Goodwill NYNJ via the Dell Reconnect program. Enter the code TECHTAKEBACK and request RECONNECT on November 14 to donate your used technology to Goodwill NYNJ. Anyone who recycles with us on November 14 will also have the chance to meet Dell’s Social Good Advocate, who also happens to be the star of HBO’s hit series Entourage. This means that Adrian Grenier Uber passenger, is possible! Adrian Grenier will be riding with Uber making pickups, and thanking New Yorkers for recycling.
- OPEN your Uber app
- TAP the profile icon and select ‘Promotions’
- ENTER code TECHTAKEBACK to unlock the ‘RECONNECT’ view
- REQUEST ‘RECONNECT’ between 10am – 4pm on Saturday, November 14, for an Uber driver-partner (or Adrian Grenier Uber passenger!) to arrive, pick up your donations, and bring them to a local Goodwill NYNJ location for FREE
Keep these key points in mind:
- NYC Tech Takeback Day is on Saturday, November 14. Donating will be available via the Uber app between 10am – 4pm in Manhattan and areas of Brooklyn and Queens.
- Donating your technology is totally free
- All vehicles on the road making pickups for #TechTakeback will be energy efficient hybrids
- Donations made as part of #TechTakeback are tax deductible. Those who donate will receive a receipt via email. All proceeds go directly to Goodwill, so your donations will not only keep used electronics out of landfills, but every donation helps someone in your community with disabilities or disadvantages receive work and life skills.
- Some items may require extra preparation before customers donate, as Dell and Goodwill are not responsible for data left on any donated equipment. Please remember to remove personal data from hard drives or other storage media before having them picked up by Uber.
For more information about Adrian Grenier Uber passenger, read the Uber New York New Jersey promo blog here.
Sign up for a new Uber account promo here and receive your first ride free.