Spring has sprung, and it’s officially the time of the year to clean out your closet. So why not do a world of good in the process? Uber New Zealand are proud to partner with Uber New Zealand Red Cross to celebrate their 100 years of activity in Aotearoa, a Century of Care, with the #UBERNZRC clothing drive! This Sunday, 15th November, Uber is making clothing donation quick and convenient in Auckland and Wellington!
- Bag up the clothing you’re willing to donate.
- Open your Uber app between 11am and 4pm on Sunday 15th November.
- Slide across to the ‘Clothing Drive‘ option in the app, and ‘Request’.
- A van will arrive to collect your items and drop-off your donation at a local Red Cross Shop – free of charge.
New Zealand Red Cross provides a broad range of humanitarian assistance at home, overseas and in the Pacific, as part of the world’s oldest and most trusted humanitarian organisation. Every year New Zealand Red Cross delivers more than 500,000 meals on wheels, trains over 60,000 Kiwis in first aid education, helps resettle 750 refugees and provides emergency response and welfare. Internationally, Red Cross aid workers and aid programmes support people affected by conflict and disaster. This could not happen without the support of New Zealand Red Cross Shops across the country, and the thousands of Kiwis who donate their quality second-hand clothing. Uber is proud to partner with New Zealand Cross to support these efforts.
Please remember the following for your Uber New Zealand Red Cross pickups:
- Please only donate quality clothing that is saleable.
- All clothing must be bagged for drivers to accept your donation.
- Please remember that drivers can’t leave their vehicles unattended. Please bring your bagged donations to your driver when they arrive.
For more information about this Uber New Zealand charitable effort, read the Uber Auckland and Wellington blog here.