To celebrate the groundbreaking new series Breakthrough, Uber New York has teamed up with National Geographic Channel to bring you free Uber account rides in the world’s most cutting-edge alternative energy vehicles. Between Tuesday, October 27, and Friday, October 30, 2015 lucky Uber riders can tap the app to request a ride in the most advanced vehicles, which include a McLarenP1 Hybrid Supercar, Lexus CTh, Porsche Cayenne Biodiesel, Tesla Model S, Hyundai Tucson Hydrogen Fuel Cell, and many more. Breakthrough is the latest series by Executive Producers Brian Grazer and Ron Howard. Through the lens of 6 visionaries—Angela Bassett, Peter Berg, Paul Giamatti, Akiva Goldsman, Ron Howard and Brett Ratner—the show uncovers scientific innovations in water, pandemics, cyborg technology, energy, longevity, and brain science. You can catch the exclusive fleet of cutting-edge vehicles, some of which are still in the prototype stage, by following #BreakthroughRides on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- OPEN the Uber app between 12pm – 7pm in Manhattan (59th Street and below) on Tuesday, October 27 through Friday, October 30.
- TAP the Profile Icon on the left and select the PROMOTIONS menu option.
- ENTER free Uber account promo code BREAKTHROUGH to unlock the special ‘BREAKTHROUGH’ option.
- REQUEST the ‘BREAKTHROUGH’ option on the bottom slider in your app starting at 12pm.
- If a car is available, you’ll get to ride in a luxury alternative energy vehicle, including a Lexus RX Hybrid Electric Crossover, BMW i3, Tesla Model S, Hyundai Tuscon Hydrogen Fuel Cell, a Solar Prototype, and more.
The trip fare is absolutely zero dollars, for a ride up to 30 minutes in length. Note that certain vehicles, such as the McLaren P1, may only provide seating for 1 passenger.
For more information about this free Uber account promo, read the Uber New York City promo blog here.
Get an automatic Uber new account promotion by signing up here, and your first Uber ride is free.